Attachment Placement in Posts - Solved

This is the spot for any questions or help you may need.
BettyLouSpence

Attachment Placement in Posts - Solved

Post by BettyLouSpence »

I was making a post with an attachment, and wanted the attachment to be on the first line, with a description on the third. However, when I hit the "place inline" command, the code for the attachment which would allow me to place it anywhere in my post -

[attachment=1]image.jpeg[/ attachment]

- never showed up. I tried manually typing out the code after checking previous posts of mine where I was able to get place inline to work, but oddly enough it didn't help. When I previewed the post, I saw that the attachment was still at the bottom of the post and the code was replaced by this line: "The attachment image.jpeg is no longer available". Attachments now stay in their default position, at the bottom of posts.

I suspect this may be related to the new board update, as the place inline command would place the code in my post before. I've (fittingly!) included some attachments to help illustrate the issue.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (388.39 KiB) Viewed 5702 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (154.69 KiB) Viewed 5702 times
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
~ Cicero, Letters to Friends, Book IX Letter IV

Kitty

Re: Attachment Placement in Posts

Post by Kitty »

I'm not sure what happened on your end, but I just tried it myself and had no problems. I'm not sure why that happened to you. I just tried it multiple ways and the attachment function did just what I told it to.
8.119 Florence Lawrence2.jpg
8.119 Florence Lawrence2.jpg (126.34 KiB) Viewed 5679 times
Lovely Florence Lawrence in August 1911
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

BettyLouSpence

Post by BettyLouSpence »

Hm, it may be an issue that's cropped up on my tablet. I'll test this on my laptop to see if perhaps this is device specific.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I thought it may have been an issue with .jpeg files, but I tried it with one, and it worked fine. Let me know what happens.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

BettyLouSpence

Post by BettyLouSpence »

PrimrosePath.jpg
PrimrosePath.jpg (129.85 KiB) Viewed 5667 times
Primrose Path with Helen Foster

Okay, on my laptop the code indeed shows up after hitting the place inline button. So it works fine on desktop. I'm going to test this once more on my tablet, but this time tweaking the code just a bit.
Last edited by BettyLouSpence on Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BettyLouSpence

Post by BettyLouSpence »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (107.82 KiB) Viewed 5666 times
Geraldine Farrar, Feb 1920 Photoplay
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (467.79 KiB) Viewed 5666 times
Bebe Daniels, July 1920 Photoplay
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (86.5 KiB) Viewed 5666 times
Marion Davies, Jan 1920 Motion Picture Classic

I've managed to make it work for my tablet! However, it's a little tricky now. I have to manually type the code, but with attachment=0 if there is only one. However, if there is more than one, the image that would've been attachment=0 is now attachment=1, and the second image is attachment=2!

I've added a third image, and now that turns into attachment=0. Luckily it really doesn't take long to figure out which number for each attachment: the last image becomes 0, and the rest are 1, 2, etc. on starting with the first image.

I guess this issue is basically resolved - just need to do a bit of number gymnastics!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Great! Glad you figured it out. 🙂 I'm locking this post and marking it resolved. Thanks!!