Films For the New Year

Where we can talk about photoplay created after the silent era!
Kitty

Re: Films For the New Year

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:11 am
Yeah, it was noisy enough here, only it didn't let up until about 1:00 AM. :roll:
We live near a fireworks store, so any holiday possible people shoot off fireworks. It's kind of ridiculous actually. It was quiet for a while, and then I heard some shot off at 2am. 🙄
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Kitty wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:35 am
donnie wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:11 am
Yeah, it was noisy enough here, only it didn't let up until about 1:00 AM. :roll:
We live near a fireworks store, so any holiday possible people shoot off fireworks. It's kind of ridiculous actually. It was quiet for a while, and then I heard some shot off at 2am. 🙄
We just don't understand it.

Blowing stuff off at midnight should be sufficient, I mean really, how uncivilized.
Marie.jpg
Marie.jpg (50.85 KiB) Viewed 1831 times
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

donnie

Post by donnie »

Yes! :roll: By the way, another thing I watched last night was the 1929 Rudy Vallee talkie The Vagabond Lover. The acting in it is pretty atrocious—except for Charles Sellon and Marie Dressler, who are great. :D

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

I adore Maria Dressler, I remember that movie too. Some movies don't hold up very well over time.
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!