What Talkies Are You Watching?

Where we can talk about photoplay created after the silent era!
BettyLouSpence

Re: What Talkies Are You Watching?

Post by BettyLouSpence »

Kitty wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:22 am
I totally thought Mrs. Danvers had replied to my original post. Otherwise, I wouldn't have asked you about the sexiness of Orson Welles. :lol:
😂😂 I'm sorry but that is just too funny, lol
"Some people travel through life making friends wherever they go, while others — just travel through life." ~ Go West (1925)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

BettyLouSpence wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:59 pm
Kitty wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:22 am
I totally thought Mrs. Danvers had replied to my original post. Otherwise, I wouldn't have asked you about the sexiness of Orson Welles. :lol:
😂😂 I'm sorry but that is just too funny, lol
Isn't it?! Ooooops. :lol:
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

If you want my body and you think I'm sexy
Come on sugar let me know

Yes I agree that the younger Orson Welles was a very attractive man.

Oh mercy! :lol: did I already share this story someplace else, about Orson Welles. When he starred in and directed Touch of Evil playing the grossly obese and downright bad looking Hank Quinlan?

He was arriving at a party still dressed in costume and in make-up as Hank Quinlan, when some woman he knew spotted him and said "Why Orson, you look marvelous", or something to that effect, I can't find the original story. but you get the gist.

Oh here's Hank if you have not seen Touch of Evil, which is a brilliant movie. It's right up there with The Lady from Shanghai in regards to being a cinematic gem.
220px-Touch-of-Evil-Orson-Welles.jpg
220px-Touch-of-Evil-Orson-Welles.jpg (19.81 KiB) Viewed 384 times
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I just watched The Trial of Mary Dugan (1929) after listening to the radio adaptation a few days ago. This is a really good one, a bit of a tear jerker, and Norma Shearer is great in it. There is a lot here that couldn't happen in a court room, but the dramatic acting is good in my opinion.

https://www.oldtimeradiodownloads.com/d ... mary-dugan

Here's the radio version if you'd like to hear it.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)