Karolina Żebrowska

Let's talk about, appreciate, and critique the fashions and lifestyles of the past!
Kitty

Karolina Żebrowska

Post by Kitty »

I had to share this here! This woman is adorable, and just look at that dress!
This is a very entertaining video of a lady trying on and reviewing an Edwardian dress.
Oh, my goodness, she looks perfect!

https://youtu.be/Ep16kibILa0
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

BettyLouSpence

Re: Antique Clothing Modeling

Post by BettyLouSpence »

Awesome! I love Karolina Żebrowska! And I love this new fashion section; what a pleasant surprise. Thanks for making it :)
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
~ Cicero, Letters to Friends, Book IX Letter IV

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

BettyLouSpence wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:53 pm
Awesome! I love Karolina Żebrowska! And I love this new fashion section; what a pleasant surprise. Thanks for making it :)
You're welcome! I had a feeling you'd like it.🙂 This section has been long overdue, anyway. Somehow I am not surprised that you already knew about Karolina! I only just discovered her, because this was a suggested video on youtube.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

OH I love it love it love it. I have to say vintage clothing, and I mean clothes like this gal is talking about, are a huge love of mine. If I could somehow just live my life in Victorian and Edwardian clothing I seriously would. Titanic dresses etc.

I know! the details in old clothes, all the work that went into one dress and all of it's accoutrements. Mind boggling, crikey now you are lucky if you get something with the buttons barely even hanging on.
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Since this is the same girl in this video, I thought I'd put it here. It's a great reminder. Don't forget real women.

https://youtu.be/t__RhUyZMDM

Kitty

Re: Karolina Żebrowska

Post by Kitty »

So, I changed the name of this thread, because I keep watching all of her videos and so many are top notch that I want to share them! Here's one where she gets ready in the morning. It's so real and unpretentious, and I'm going to do my hair like that soon. It was SO simple and easy and beautiful, might I add!

https://youtu.be/vhHKl_8Fbg4

BettyLouSpence

Post by BettyLouSpence »

Not her usual fare (I mean, she's made "rant" videos before, but this isn't focusing on vintage fashion), but this is a video I wish I could've seen when I was younger.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GJBo2eqzVe8
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
~ Cicero, Letters to Friends, Book IX Letter IV

Kitty

Post by Kitty »