Jumpin' for Joby: Jobyna Ralston Watch-fest

Watch-fests and Events
donnie

Re: Jumpin' for Joby: Jobyna Ralston Watch-fest

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:12 pm
Hey, guys, I just found an interesting little tidbit about the baby in the film! She was Tiny Doll, who was actually part of the Doll Family.
Yes, that is interesting and explains the mystery. I knew something unusual was up, there. So Tiny would have been about 13 when this was filmed, then. Good researching!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:25 pm
Kitty wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:12 pm
Hey, guys, I just found an interesting little tidbit about the baby in the film! She was Tiny Doll, who was actually part of the Doll Family.
Yes, that is interesting and explains the mystery. I knew something unusual was up, there. So Tiny would have been about 13 when this was filmed, then. Good researching!
Thanks! I'm always very interested in children and animals in film. They're often very mysterious! 😁
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

BettyLouSpence

Post by BettyLouSpence »

Thanks for the trivia! I've seen members of the Doll family in Freaks.
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
~ Cicero, Letters to Friends, Book IX Letter IV

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Have you guys watched The Freshman yet? I'm dying for your thoughts!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:14 pm
Have you guys watched The Freshmanyet? I'm dying for your thoughts!
I seen it multiple times but have not rewatched for this go-round yet. I will go ahead and say that, in my opinion, this one is definitely one of the comedic masterpieces of all time. I'd say it's probably Lloyd's best feature (though Safety Last comes pretty close to equaling it). And I think it's definitely Jobyna's best performance in any of the Lloyd features.

Have you watched it yet?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:24 pm
Kitty wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:14 pm
Have you guys watched The Freshmanyet? I'm dying for your thoughts!
I seen it multiple times but have not rewatched for this go-round yet. I will go ahead and say that, in my opinion, this one is definitely one of the comedic masterpieces of all time. I'd say it's probably Lloyd's best feature (though Safety Last comes pretty close to equaling it). And I think it's definitely Jobyna's best performance in any of the Lloyd features.

Have you watched it yet?
viewtopic.php?p=13788#p13788

Yup! Follow this link for comments on the film. This was my first time watching it.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:32 pm
I watched The Freshman. My comments are going to be all over the place, because I'm thinking of things as they come to mind.
Sorry I didn't see your comments earlier. I saw the reviews (thanks for those!), but missed the "spoiler" up there. :)
► Show Spoiler

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

► Show Spoiler

donnie

Post by donnie »

► Show Spoiler

BettyLouSpence

Post by BettyLouSpence »

So... I've also already seen this film before, and I think I already posted my thoughts on it before? I did rewatch but noticed nothing new, so I'm not really sure what to say other than respond to some points made:
► Show Spoiler
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
~ Cicero, Letters to Friends, Book IX Letter IV