Cookbooks

This is the place for talking about vintage books, posting random vintage photos, and anything else vintage paper memorabilia!
Kitty

Re: Cookbooks

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:58 pm
I see one product there I use every day—Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate. I eat two squares of it for dessert every night after dinner. :he:
Interesting! I don't think I've ever had that!

I didn't think you'd be so interested in these! I'll be making a blog post with that Carnation teen cookbook in the near future.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:06 pm
Interesting! I don't think I've ever had that!
You probably wouldn't like it; it's pretty bitter (though chocolatey :D). I'm probably the only person in the US who eats it as-is. :)
Kitty wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:06 pm
I didn't think you'd be so interested in these! I'll be making a blog post with that Carnation teen cookbook in the near future.
Thanks! :D

I'm also mesmerized by cooking shows, though I don't even really care what is is they're making, and would never try it. Too much trouble. I'll just stick to my raw fruits and vegetables, and anything else comes out of a can. ;)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:14 pm
I'm also mesmerized by cooking shows, though I don't even really care what is is they're making, and would never try it. Too much trouble. I'll just stick to my raw fruits and vegetables, and anything else comes out of a can. ;)
I like exotic cooking shows. Kind of inspires me. For example, I was watching a Bento show for a while. People make adorable and creative meals for their loved ones for when they have to eat away from home. It's fascinating what other countries do.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:41 pm
I like exotic cooking shows. Kind of inspires me. For example, I was watching a Bento show for a while. People make adorable and creative meals for their loved ones for when they have to eat away from home. It's fascinating what other countries do.
Yes, it is! Especially the Asian countries.