Do YOU Do Any of These Embarrassing Things?

This is the place for talking about vintage books, posting random vintage photos, and anything else vintage paper memorabilia!
BettyLouSpence

Do YOU Do Any of These Embarrassing Things?

Post by BettyLouSpence »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (505 KiB) Viewed 2246 times

I'll be honest, I didn't know olives were only supposed to be eaten with the fingers - no forks allowed :?
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
~ Cicero, Letters to Friends, Book IX Letter IV

Mrs. Danvers

Re: Do YOU Do Any of These Embarrassing Things?

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Well who doesn't know that. :lol:
olives.jpg
olives.jpg (90.2 KiB) Viewed 2236 times
Yes knowing how to dress for an occasion is crucial, there is nothing worse than showing up for an event wearing one of my fabulous ball gowns and find everybody else is wearing their best ripped jeans. :o
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

donnie

Post by donnie »

Mrs. Danvers wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 8:04 am
Yes knowing how to dress for an occasion is crucial, there is nothing worse than showing up for an event wearing one of my fabulous ball gowns and find everybody else is wearing their best ripped jeans. :o
Yes, I'm forever showing up in full evening dress accidentally—and volunteering to shake hands with women and spearing olives while so attired. :shock: :? :oops: There, I've admitted it. I feel so much better with that off my chest.

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

donnie wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:16 pm
Mrs. Danvers wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 8:04 am
Yes, I'm forever showing up in full evening dress accidentally—and volunteering to shake hands with women and spearing olives while so attired. :shock: :? :oops: There, I've admitted it. I feel so much better with that off my chest.
Yes and I can just imagine you leading the way into the restaurant, theater, opera, a street car or a drawing room right ahead of your undoubtedly improperly attired date/wife. :lol: :o
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

donnie

Post by donnie »

How did you know?? :x :lol:

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

This thread is the best.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)