Alex Trebek at 80

You can put celebrity death notifications here.
Kitty

Alex Trebek at 80

Post by Kitty »

I am so sad. I have warm memories of watching Jeopardy. For as long as I can remember, I have always loved that show. I always watched it with Dad. He always knew the answers, and I was amazed that he knew so many!! Now I know a lot of them too.

I told my dad that memory today and he said, "That's because I'm a genius and now you're one, too." hahaha ☺️

Anyway, I think the world will miss Alex and the weird way he said the word 'genre'.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Alex Trebek at 80

Post by donnie »

RIP. :cry: Alex was always one of my favorites.

A few years ago, I bought a dvd set of a series of TV programs featuring Glenn Gould, the eccentric and brilliant Canadian pianist. They were produced by the Canadian Broadcasting Co. sometime back in the '60's. I was looking at the narrator introducing one of those programs, and thought, he sure does look and sound familiar. Then I realized it was a very young Alex Trebeck. :) So apparently he did some work with the CBC before becoming a fixture on American TV.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

That's so cool! It's always a satisfying feeling when you recognize things like that .... Makes me feel good about myself, anyway.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

BettyLouSpence

Post by BettyLouSpence »

I was so sad when I heard about this. Alex Trebek is one of the icons of American television to me. What a loss. Very weird to think that he isn't around now :|
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
~ Cicero, Letters to Friends, Book IX Letter IV