Instructional Videos/Teaching Films

You can put interesting old PSA's and Instructional videos here. Anything similar!
donnie

Re: Instructional Videos/Teaching Films

Post by donnie »

Glad you liked it. :D
Kitty wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:03 pm
By the way, I wonder if the phrase Goofus and Gallant was prominent before those Highlights magazines were a thing?
I would say not, that that probably originated with Highlights. But that's just a guess.
Kitty wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:03 pm
My favorite piece of information this video gives is the round, soft tones. It does make a huge difference. I find that if I speak especially softly and smile a lot at work, it seems that everyone else is smiling, too. Your attitude totally makes a difference on others, whether it should be that way or not. It's just a known fact that if you are pleasant to others, people will feel pleasant toward you. As my mother always said, "You catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar."
Yes, surprising how contagious that can be. I like the way he says "keep it looooow." :)

Kitty

Re: Instructional Videos/Teaching Films

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:19 pm
This is a pretty well-made one with some decent acting and realistic situations. I think those questions at the end are interesting. (What makes a person like Mel act the way he does? Is the group ever at fault?)
He obviously has some deep-down insecurity and need for attention. Do you think if they showed a little more friendliness it might have helped? (Though it's understandable they don't, under the circumstances.)
I felt sort of bad for him when he was trying to talk to Dean about football. He is obviously lonely, though he probably doesn't know why.
donnie wrote:
Do you think if they made an attempt to make him feel included, it might have lessened his motivation to cause trouble? Or is he one of those people who's just incorrigible and they would only be rewarding his behavior by so doing?
Maybe, but it all depends on what kind of person Mel really is. He may be doing this for approval, but he could also be doing this just to troll and sit back and watch the flames.
donnie wrote:
And the one who plays Mel is also one of the main characters in The Snob.
I knew I knew that guy! It was almost distracting the whole time. I guess I should have read your entire post before watching. :lol:

A couple musings:
Why did the girl need a ride home from the library at 10:30 pm? The library sure is open late! And, knowing that the big game was tomorrow, I don't really think that it was the time for Dean to rebuff the other player walking down the street so late at night. Actually, all the dark and shadow made me worry that the boy was going to get mugged or something. That would be way worse than just losing some sleep.

The Trouble Maker (1958)
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)