Happy Friday XIII!

Fun and Games!
Kitty

Re: Happy Friday XIII!

Post by Kitty »

It's Friday the 13th!!! Time to listen to this again.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Kitty wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:48 am
It's like Halloween in the middle of the year! :lol:

Well, listen to this today to celebrate the day. ☺️
https://youtu.be/RAN_4gasG28
Here we are!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Happy Friday the XIII!!!!

Come celebrate King Friday XIII's birthday. ☺️☺️☺️☺️

donnie

Post by donnie »

Happy Friday the 13th to King Friday XIII and everybody else, including the people who live at 1313 Mockingbird Lane (which is the Munsters—or the Addams family, can't remember which.)

BettyLouSpence

Post by BettyLouSpence »

Oh, cool! I didn't realize it was a Friday the 13th until I saw this.
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
~ Cicero, Letters to Friends, Book IX Letter IV

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Kitty wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:18 pm

Happy Friday the XIII!!!!

Come celebrate King Friday XIII's birthday. ☺️☺️☺️☺️
Tomorrow (or today!) is Friday the 13th! Why not celebrate with King Friday, and find out what gifts he gives to his subject for his birthday! Let's discuss this record this time, to honor the occasion. I'll listen to it tomorrow (Friday the 13th!) and make some comments.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Did you get a chance to listen to this today? I did, and really enjoyed it. :D All of the characters are delightful and endearing, aren’t they? I can imagine how children must have enjoyed this, following along in their imaginations. I wonder if they recognized the Mr. Rogers as some of the other voices—it's so obvious to us, but I'll bet they didn't. :)

I was surprised how much of it consisted of music. Reardon’s singing kind of brings to mind the singer who does the Cinnamon Bear song. And I liked Three Rodents with Defective Eyesight. :lol: I loved Goodnight, God—such a nice way to end it.

But if I were Henrietta, I think I’d rather have had the Tropic of Capricorn than Jupiter. :-)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:59 pm
Did you get a chance to listen to this today? I did, and really enjoyed it. :D All of the characters are delightful and endearing, aren’t they? I can imagine how children must have enjoyed this, following along in their imaginations. I wonder if they recognized the Mr. Rogers as some of the other voices—it's so obvious to us, but I'll bet they didn't. :)

I was surprised how much of it consisted of music. Reardon’s singing kind of brings to mind the singer who does the Cinnamon Bear song. And I liked Three Rodents with Defective Eyesight. :lol: I loved Goodnight, God—such a nice way to end it.

But if I were Henrietta, I think I’d rather have had the Tropic of Capricorn than Jupiter. :-)
I ran out of time today, and did not listen, but I've listened to it many times before. I'm so glad you listened to it. 🙂 I watched --- and loved --- Mr. Rogers as a small child, and I don't think I knew back then that it was Mr. Rogers doing all those voices. Even now, I sometimes think that Mr.McFeeley does some of the voices.... But I know that legend has it that Fred has always done all the voices for all his characters. It's funny, I think that Henrietta was more of a crybaby in the earlier seasons than the later ones.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Let us celebrate King Friday XIII's birthday!

donnie

Post by donnie »

Merriest of natal celebrations, Your Majesty! :D