Miscellaneous Funnies

Fun and Games!
Kitty

Re: Miscellaneous Funnies

Post by Kitty »

An Urgent Case

“Dear Editor. ---- Seeing as you say how fish are good for the brains, what kind of fish shall I eat? ---- “Dear Miss: ---- Judging from the composition of your letter, I advise you to eat whale.”
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Meaning a lot of fish, I guess? :)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:48 pm
Meaning a lot of fish, I guess? :)
The joke is stupid, because what they're saying is that since the composition of her letter is so bad, that she should eat a whale. She needs a lot of fish, because her letter must have been badly written. Jokes on them, though, a whale isn't a fish.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

:lol: Yes, not the best joke in the world.

dachshundonstilts

Post by dachshundonstilts »

Herman Melville insisted that whales were fish, no matter what the taxonomists said.

I think reading Moby Dick must have messed up my brain permanently...
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

dachshundonstilts wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:45 pm

I think reading Moby Dick must have messed up my brain permanently...
One day I'll make myself read that. :D

dachshundonstilts

From 1930, when Jack Benny was playing in "Earl Carroll's Vanities" at the New Amsterdam Theater.
1930.JPG
1930.JPG (230.98 KiB) Viewed 2738 times
Off Topic
At some point the theater was raided and three people in the show were arrested on obscenity charges over a fan dance performed by Faith Bacon. (A 1942 performance of that act can be found on YouTube, but I won't link it here because it's too far off topic.)
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

dachshundonstilts wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:07 pm
From 1930, when Jack Benny was playing in "Earl Carroll's Vanities" at the New Amsterdam Theater.
1930.JPG
Off Topic
At some point the theater was raided and three people in the show were arrested on obscenity charges over a fan dance performed by Faith Bacon. (A 1942 performance of that act can be found on YouTube, but I won't link it here because it's too far off topic.)
This is funny!!!! As for the off topic, you can always put it in the Soundies section. I'd like to see it.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

This is definitely a self published little book, because there are just too many spelling and punctuation errors. Spelling is correct.

A Family of Birds

There is a family of birds in a house in Synthiana, Ky. When Mrs. Martin married again, she became a crow. Crow died, and she married Robin. She parted from Robin, and ten moths ago Mrs. Robin married Dave Buzzard. The little birds in her home now comprise one Martin, two Crows a Robin and a young Buzzard.

dachshundonstilts

Kitty wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:11 pm
This is definitely a self published little book, because there are just too many spelling and punctuation errors. Spelling is correct.

A Family of Birds

There is a family of birds in a house in Synthiana, Ky. When Mrs. Martin married again, she became a crow. Crow died, and she married Robin. She parted from Robin, and ten moths ago Mrs. Robin married Dave Buzzard. The little birds in her home now comprise one Martin, two Crows a Robin and a young Buzzard.
Kinda randomly specific to mention (and misspell) Cynthiana, Ky.... unless this is supposed to be a true story?