Post by donnie »

It's not bad. :) She wishes for him to steal a kiss against her wishes. :lol:

Kitty

Re: Miscellaneous Funnies

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:52 pm
It's not bad. :) She wishes for him to steal a kiss against her wishes. :lol:
I should take photos of the Kaiser one. It's pretty strange, though will be difficult to type out because it's in German accent.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

He Lied; She Swore

A little girl, while playing in the street, learned to use bad language, and her parents did all in their power to break her of it, but failed. So they concluded to tell their minister whom they knew their little daughter thought much of, thinking they may be able to break her of the habit. So the first time the minister met her after being told, said: "Say, my little girl! I hear that you say bad words, that you swear sometimes." --- "Oh, my! Who told you?" --- "Oh, a little bird." --- "Well I spect it was one of them damn little sparrows."

:D :shock: :o
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Speeding It Up

"Here, Edna, take hold of this wish bone. Now we must both make a wish, and pull, and the one who holds the biggest piece will have their wish gratified." --- "But I can't think of a single thing to wish for." --- "Then I'll wish for you!" --- "You really wish for me? Well, there's no use fooling with the old wish bone." She looked up with a glad smile! --- "You can have me." --- Wasn't that lovely?

:o :he:

donnie

Post by donnie »

He Lied; She Swore: That one's hilarious. :lol: :lol:

Speeding It Up was kind of sweet, but I'm not sure I exactly got it. (How did we get from a wishbone to that? :) :ugeek: )

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:13 pm
He Lied; She Swore: That one's hilarious. :lol: :lol:

Speeding It Up was kind of sweet, but I'm not sure I exactly got it. (How did we get from a wishbone to that? :) :ugeek: )
Glad you liked that He lied one!!!

I didn't get the speeding up one at first. When I reread it, he meant that the would make a wish for her, not that his wish would be for her.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:53 pm
I didn't get the speeding up one at first. When I reread it, he meant that the would make a wish for her, not that his wish would be for her.
OHHHHH... :oops: :D

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Spelling is correct in this one. Vicar is misspelled in the book.

What was it?

An Irish Vicer, having advertised for an organist, received the following answer: "Dear Sir --- I notice you have a vacancy for an organist and music teacher, male or female. Having been both for several years, I beg to offer you my services."

:lol: :lol:

donnie

Post by donnie »

Yikes! :lol:

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:50 pm
Yikes! :lol:
These are actually surprisingly amusing despite age.