The Lawrence Welk Show

A place where all classic TV is reborn.
Kitty

Re: The Lawrence Welk Show

Post by Kitty »

This one with Sandi and her littler girl is sooooo cute.

https://youtu.be/5fNuC_u1D_0
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

This one with Sandi and her littler girl is sooooo cute.

https://youtu.be/5fNuC_u1D_0
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Yes, that was a notable one. That boy looks like he thinks it's very funny. Good for him!

My husband walked in while I was watching the show and he observed, "It's so creepy how they lock eyes with the camera while singing." I thought that was really funny!

donnie

Post by donnie »

I think you can see evidence of how adults have coached them to smile at the camera. :D

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:58 pm
I think you can see evidence of how adults have coached them to smile at the camera. :D
I just realized that I wasn't more specific in my post about locking eyes with the camera. He was talking about the grown adults staring straight at the camera while performing. Haha

donnie

Post by donnie »

In the case of Lawrence, he's reading cue cards, so that may be why his eyes appear locked with the camera.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:51 am
In the case of Lawrence, he's reading cue cards, so that may be why his eyes appear locked with the camera.
They all kind of look like they're giving us bedroom eyes :lol: but that is what all performers did back then.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Here's an interesting look at the Welk orchestra in their earlier days. I like the female vocalist here. The music has a very bouncy 1920's-ish sound (to me), though this was made in '39.
Lawrence Welk Champagne Music Makers Featurette, 1939.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP6A2NPygLE&list=PLrwrWKRuRfyM0oFLshsKNz40kjuRcRAsmv

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:19 pm
Here's an interesting look at the Welk orchestra in their earlier days. I like the female vocalist here. The music has a very bouncy 1920's-ish sound (to me), though this was made in '39.
Lawrence Welk Champagne Music Makers Featurette, 1939.
That was so neat to see them back in their heyday! Notice that the audience dancing are significantly younger. Thank you so much for sharing this.

I just watched "The Southern Show", so here it is for your curiosity....

https://youtu.be/ZmD-BFmLBs8