I Married Joan

A place where all classic TV is reborn.
Miwi1010

I Married Joan

Post by Miwi1010 »

Hi, guys!

Nice to meet you all. I`ve just joined this forum and I have a question about a classic TV show.

Anyone else likes the TV series I Married Joan? I`ve watched some episodes lately, but I don`t know much about it. As I have loved watching I Love Lucy series when I was a kid and the timeframe of this one is kinda similar, it was just natural that I like the style, I think.

There are fortunately some full episodes on you tube. Would them be available in DVD too, perhaps?

Kitty

Re: I Married Joan

Post by Kitty »

Hi, Miwi! We are so happy to have you. It looks like I Married Joan is available in DVD form on Amazon in multiple volumes. I've never seen this show, but the man looks awfully familiar to me!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Hi there, Miwi! I haven't seen this show either, though the title sounds vaguely familiar. It sounds interesting—I'm going to try to watch an episode.

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Hello Miwi, I love that show, I vividly remember watching it as a kid, it must have been in reruns, the show ran from 1952-1955, I was born in 1952, but I remember watching the show and still remember the theme song. (even though now i can't even remember where i put my car keys)

Jim Backus was a huge favorite in our house and I adored Joan Davis.

Another show we never missed was December Bride, you might like that too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_Bride
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

dachshundonstilts

Post by dachshundonstilts »

Joan Davis was already a popular comedic actress from several radio shows, so putting her name in the title of "I Married Joan" was banking on her appeal as a known personality. Just a bit of trivia/context.
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I saw part of an episode of this today. It had a weird bit about her trying to get a coat into the closet, but it's so stuffed that she gets her head stuck at one point.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)