Silent Recommendation Thread

Anything and everything silent photoplay!
BettyLouSpence

Re: Silent Recommendation Thread

Post by BettyLouSpence »

Just finished watching this. I was on the edge of my seat by the end 😱 Beautifully made.
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
~ Cicero, Letters to Friends, Book IX Letter IV

donnie

Post by donnie »

BettyLouSpence wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:29 pm
Just finished watching this. I was on the edge of my seat by the end 😱 Beautifully made.
Glad you watched it! :) Isn't it unique? The characters I think are very interesting, and I especially like the surreal, dreamlike mood and look. I also likedGermaine Dermoz as Mme Beudet—and how about that M. Beudet? :x :lol:

BettyLouSpence

Post by BettyLouSpence »

donnie wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:54 pm
BettyLouSpence wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:29 pm
Glad you watched it! :) Isn't it unique? The characters I think are very interesting, and I especially like the surreal, dreamlike mood and look. I also likedGermaine Dermoz as Mme Beudet—and how about that M. Beudet? :x :lol:
Yes, dreamlike is a great way to describe it. I really fell in love with the atmosphere (how about that lighting?).
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
~ Cicero, Letters to Friends, Book IX Letter IV

donnie

Post by donnie »

BettyLouSpence wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:02 am
Yes, dreamlike is a great way to describe it. I really fell in love with the atmosphere (how about that lighting?).
Yes, especially in those middle sequences in the bedroom, when she's struggling with her conscience. And the whole thing seems to happen mostly in darkness or only dimly lit spaces except for soft highlights on the object or person to be focused on.