A Photoplay Prophecy

Anything and everything silent photoplay!
Kitty

A Photoplay Prophecy

Post by Kitty »

This is an exceedingly interesting article in July 1913's Musings of the Photoplay Philosopher from Motion Picture Story Magazine. Some of these 'predictions' came true, and some didn't, and the ones that didn't are quite interesting thoughts.
Prophecy 1.jpg
Prophecy 1.jpg (699.43 KiB) Viewed 2822 times
Prophecy 2.jpg
Prophecy 2.jpg (767.46 KiB) Viewed 2822 times
Selection_002.png
Selection_002.png (552.44 KiB) Viewed 2822 times
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: A Photoplay Prophecy

Post by donnie »

Most interesting! Thanks for posting. Yes, some of these predictions were off the mark (4-6, 24 especially), but a surprising number of them were pretty accurate, weren't they?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:21 pm
Most interesting! Thanks for posting. Yes, some of these predictions were off the mark (4-6, 24 especially), but a surprising number of them were pretty accurate, weren't they?
Yes! 24 is an especially hopeful one.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

BettyLouSpence

Post by BettyLouSpence »

I think 21 is my favorite.
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
~ Cicero, Letters to Friends, Book IX Letter IV

dachshundonstilts

Post by dachshundonstilts »

This is cool. #21 suits my irked mood right now, as I keep seeing that films I'd be interested in have been found several years ago, some of them even given a restoration and screening, but haven't been made available to purchase yet. The color version of "Mysterious Island" with Lionel Barrymore is one that comes to mind, but it's far from the only one. Bring on the discs, even if it's MOD!
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

I like #23, except people are now making movies with their phones.
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!