Favorite photos of silent stars

Anything and everything silent photoplay!
Kitty

Re: Favorite photos of silent stars

Post by Kitty »

Adorable photo of Anita Page next to a tv set.
Attachments
img_1_1629740132883.jpg
img_1_1629740132883.jpg (90.99 KiB) Viewed 3110 times
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Here's a great photo of a silent actress with animals! This time this is Madge Bellamy. I love this one!
Attachments
img_1_1629740345414.jpg
img_1_1629740345414.jpg (95.85 KiB) Viewed 3109 times
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

The one with Anita Page is neat! But I wonder if that's a TV? The screen looks large and differently shaped from other early ones I've seen (though I'm not sure exactly when that would have been made). Do you think it could be a radio receiver with some sort of a decorative picture in the case? Though that would seem kind of odd, too.

I'm still trying to figure out the Madge Bellamy one. :lol: Let's see...the dog is leading a group of ducks. Madge is lecturing the dog (or the ducks? or both?) And the rabbit's role in this is...? (He looks to be an advisor.) Got to do some more analysis. :D

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:03 pm
The one with Anita Page is neat! But I wonder if that's a TV? The screen looks large and differently shaped from other early ones I've seen (though I'm not sure exactly when that would have been made). Do you think it could be a radio receiver with some sort of a decorative picture in the case? Though that would seem kind of odd, too.
I originally called it a radio, but changed it because I noticed the picture. I bet you're right that it's a radio. Many radios were pretty fancy. Furthermore, come to think of it, Anita is young here.... Television didn't come around until much later. Stupid me!!!
donnie wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out the Madge Bellamy one. :lol: Let's see...the dog is leading a group of ducks. Madge is lecturing the dog (or the ducks? or both?) And the rabbit's role in this is...? (He looks to be an advisor.) Got to do some more analysis. :D
I originally saw this photo on a small screen when I was using my phone. I only just realized that the geese are fake, and didn't even realize there was a bunny to her left. I feel like she's counting everyone with the finger raised. I just thought of that, I have no basis for this information. :lol:

BettyLouSpence

Post by BettyLouSpence »

Kitty wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:42 pm
donnie wrote:
I originally saw this photo on a small screen when I was using my phone. I only just realized that the geese are fake, and didn't even realize there was a bunny to her left. I feel like she's counting everyone with the finger raised. I just thought of that, I have no basis for this information. :lol:
I guess Madge is taking attendance for her animal school :)
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
~ Cicero, Letters to Friends, Book IX Letter IV

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

BettyLouSpence wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:02 pm
Kitty wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:42 pm
donnie wrote:
I guess Madge is taking attendance for her animal school :)
I think this is our best explanation yet.

BettyLouSpence

Post by BettyLouSpence »

Kitty wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:37 pm
Adorable photo of Anita Page next to a tv set.
:he: That dress! I like the little cape that goes with it. Clara Bow wore something very similar in some publicity shots for Red Hair. If I had the skills, I would make myself a dress with a tiny matching cape :lol:
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
~ Cicero, Letters to Friends, Book IX Letter IV

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Yesterday was Bessie's birthday, so here's our carrot loving idol ---
Attachments
Bessie-Love-classic-actresses-43263529-949-1159.jpg
Bessie-Love-classic-actresses-43263529-949-1159.jpg (577.64 KiB) Viewed 2929 times

donnie

Post by donnie »

There. Now you see what that carroty goodness does for the hair and complexion? :)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:23 am
There. Now you see what that carroty goodness does for the hair and complexion? :)
:lol: and eyes!!