Million Dollar Baby

This is the board for Swing, Big Band, Jazz, and other old music.
donnie

Million Dollar Baby

Post by donnie »

The Buddy Holly song over in the 60s music thread reminded me of this song (the lyrics that is, NOT the music :)). I first heard this covered in a Guy Lombardo New Year's program on PBS a few years ago.

From 1931, I Found A Million Dollar Baby - Fred Waring (Clare Hanlon & Waring Girls, vocal)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd9a8ssXA7g

Kitty

Re: Million Dollar Baby

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:10 am
The Buddy Holly song over in the 60s music thread reminded me of this song (the lyrics that is, NOT the music :)). I first heard this covered in a Guy Lombardo New Year's program on PBS a few years ago.

From 1931, I Found A Million Dollar Baby - Fred Waring (Clare Hanlon & Waring Girls, vocal)
This song is so cute! Don't you just love the thousand word titles to those old songs? On Saturdays, they play all 30s day on Classic Drama Radio, and this is the type of thing that would play, though I've never heard this one before.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)