78 rpm music

This is the board for Swing, Big Band, Jazz, and other old music.
donnie

Re: 78s Collection

Post by donnie »

Yeah, in retrospect, I'm sure it's part of the joke. :lol: That's really good sound quality for '28, too, isn't it?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:16 am
Yeah, in retrospect, I'm sure it's part of the joke. :lol: That's really good sound quality for '28, too, isn't it?
Yes, it's one of the better ones from that collection. It's always wonderful when you hear a well - taken - care - of antique record.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

A Little Bird Told Me - Paul's Watson

https://youtu.be/KKLIxpUNHp0
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Kitty wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:50 pm
I LOVE this song, too. It's called A-L-B-U-Q-U-E-R-Q-U-E by Johnnie Lee Wills. There are a lot of records by a Bob Wills, and in looking this song up to post here, I realized that Johnnie Lee is the younger brother of Bob. The more you know!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J11gmMZqHoI
This remains another favorite of mine. I'll never forget when I shocked a customer by knowing how to spell Albuquerque without her having to tell me. :lol: Of course, I didn't lose time in telling her all about this song!

donnie

Post by donnie »

That's classic Western music. :D

That's funny about knowing how to spell Albuquerque. I'm afraid I'd have been sunk if someone had asked me that. I'd have probably gotten the first three letters. :roll: :D (But why did a customer want to know how to spell Albuquerque :?: )

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:07 pm
(But why did a customer want to know how to spell Albuquerque :?: )
She was ordering something and needed to have it sent to her home in albuquerque.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I always think of him when I hear the place mentioned! 🙂

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

After I've Called You Sweetheart - Johnny Marvin

This one is sweet and haunting. I've had it in my head all day. https://youtu.be/DFwELwoyjx8

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Janet Brace - An Orange Colored Sky

https://youtu.be/DuYQWjmMiRI