5 Day Deodorant Pads

Commercials from old time radio or television.
Kitty

5 Day Deodorant Pads

Post by Kitty »

A bizarre commercial that was on the 12/31/65 Carson episode.

https://youtu.be/vwhSOf36i1w
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Mrs. Danvers

Re: 5 Day Deodorant Pads

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

So does one pad last 5 days on your body? Does that mean no shower for 5 days then?? Yeah I remember that product, but it makes no sense.
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

donnie

Post by donnie »

It's called "5 Day," but then contains the directions to use one each day. Hmmm... :?

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Clearly there is much confusion surrounding the usage of this product. They are not around anymore, maybe that's why. :lol:
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I found some extremely valuable info on the net about how these work.

http://www.weirduniverse.net/blog/comme ... orant_pads

"Posted by Gregory on 11/29/18 at 12:26 PM
An application wouldn't work for 5 days, but was intended for 1 day. It's the PAD that's reusable for 5 days. They come stacked in a jar where the pad soaks up liquid. After 5 days, the level of the liquid would be about up to the next pad down, so you'd throw away the top pad and start using the next.

The formula originally was a water-alcohol solution of hexachlorophene, plus perfume. I don't know what they're using now, but it says it's an antiperspirant, so I assume an aluminum complex."

And by the way, people still use this type of product, albeit more modernized, and you can get them on amazon.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)