Country Bears Jamboree

This is the section for live action kids' shows of Yesteryear.
Kitty

Country Bears Jamboree

Post by Kitty »

A few years ago I went to Disney world, and one of my favorite parts, to my surprise, was the animatronic show Country Bears Jamboree. I only got to see the shortened version, as they cut 5 minutes in 2012, but it's so neat to see this full version that they opened with in 1971. Watching this video isn't exactly the same, but definitely worth the watch.

https://youtu.be/cZ4VbhP0X4M
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Country Bears Jamboree

Post by donnie »

:lol: I'll bet the kids get a kick out of that. No telling how much it cost to assemble that.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:17 pm
:lol: I'll bet the kids get a kick out of that. No telling how much it cost to assemble that.
It was hilarious. I was surprised at some of the things they were singing about. I was also surprised at how hard I was laughing. In short, I heart Country Bears Jamboree!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I got to see this again on my trip last week to Magic Kingdom, and I still laughed!!

donnie

Post by donnie »

:D I remember seeing the previews for the movie of that when it came out, and it looked like it would be very funny.

I wonder if they used the old Hillbilly Bears cartoon as an inspiration. I still laugh myself silly watching Pa mumble. :lol:

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Actually, I've never seen that movie. You'd think I would have, being so obsessed with the attraction, but alas, no. I thought it looked silly, but maybe I'll watch it sometime soon just to find out!

donnie

Post by donnie »

It's separate cartoon shorts—don't think they ever made a movie. I looked around on YouTube for a sample, but unfortunately there are no full episodes, just bits and pieces.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Oh! I didn't realize there was an animated version.... I was taking about this 2002 movie:
https://youtu.be/TnlMvollAkY

donnie

Post by donnie »

Sorry, got confused! The animated one was a Hanna-Barbera cartoon from the 60's.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Oh! Makes sense now ☺️