The Couple Next Door

This is the place to talk about anything and everything old time radio.
donnie

Re: The Couple Next Door

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:21 pm
A rather amusing episode.

http://otrrlibrary.org/OTRRLib/Library% ... 0Named.mp3
It seems weird to have a baby two months old without a name, doesn’t it? I wonder if that wasn’t that unusual in that time.

You know what I thought was going to happen? The baby would pull out the hat size. “...meet your son, 7-1/8 Piper.” :D

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:12 pm
It seems weird to have a baby two months old without a name, doesn’t it? I wonder if that wasn’t that unusual in that time.
I think it might have been pushing it in 1958, but I also think that in earlier years it wasn't really that uncommon.
What did they do to document the baby without a name at the hospital? Today, it seems unheard of to even leave the hospital without a name for the baby.
donnie wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:12 pm
You know what I thought was going to happen? The baby would pull out the hat size. “...meet your son, 7-1/8 Piper.” :D
:lol:
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

At the end of episode 234, there's an advertisement for a music show with Rosemary Clooney and Victor Damon (sp?). The announcer says, and I quote: "Their songs are as fresh and friendly as a chrysanthemum on a raccoon coat." What a weird statement! :lol:

http://otrrlibrary.org/OTRRLib/Library% ... 0Court.mp3

The ad is around the 12:25 minute mark, if you're interested in hearing the oddity.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:19 pm
Another great episode!

http://otrrlibrary.org/OTRRLib/Library% ... 0Party.mp3
That was an odd one! :D Did you notice the playback speed being too fast on that episode?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:30 pm
Kitty wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:19 pm
Another great episode!

http://otrrlibrary.org/OTRRLib/Library% ... 0Party.mp3
That was an odd one! :D Did you notice the playback speed being too fast on that episode?
I didn't, but that's because this one's not even bad! Some are so fast that they're cut to 9 minutes. They'll sound like Mickey and Minnie, and it's sometimes hard to tell if the mother's voice is a child's voice if your mind wanders for a sec!

donnie

Post by donnie »

Interesting, I wonder why they did that? To save air time I guess... I only noticed it at the beginning of this episode. I don't know whether it slowed down or I got used to it or both. :)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:32 am
Interesting, I wonder why they did that? To save air time I guess... I only noticed it at the beginning of this episode. I don't know whether it slowed down or I got used to it or both. :)
I think the files it happened to were corrupted somehow in transferring.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Around Christmastime Kelvinator was a sponsor. This advice is.... Questionable at best. Here's an example of the commercial. It starts at about 3 mins in. Let's just hope it's not her only present this year. :lol:

http://otrrlibrary.org/OTRRLib/Library% ... %20Job.mp3

🎶Make it a white Christmas 🎶 Give her a major appliance.... 🎶

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

A seasonal photo of Peg Lynch and Alan Bunce, who played The Couple Next Door.
Attachments
peg lynch alan bunce.jpg
peg lynch alan bunce.jpg (100.43 KiB) Viewed 4180 times