Johnny Carson

A place where all classic TV is reborn.
donnie

Re: Johnny Carson

Post by donnie » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:56 pm

That was great! :) Man, I wish that show was still on...

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:22 pm

donnie wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:56 pm
That was great! :) Man, I wish that show was still on...
I really only like the original run. It had serious class. Something about the reboot lacked something. It must be that the panelists were a great bunch, although some of the original panelists would appear on the second run.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:29 pm

Oh, I was referring to the Carson show. :D But concerning WML, I agree, the newer ones just weren't nearly as good, even when the same panelists were on. I think John Daly had more to do with it than anything else.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:15 pm

donnie wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:29 pm
Oh, I was referring to the Carson show. :D But concerning WML, I agree, the newer ones just weren't nearly as good, even when the same panelists were on. I think John Daly had more to do with it than anything else.
I see! Well, usually the ones that I post here are ones I saw on TV. There's a channel called Decades on antenna that shows Carson and I believe that's the channel that Dick Cavett is on, as well.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)