Featuring Celebrities

Commercials from old time radio or television.
Kitty

Re: Featuring Celebrities

Post by Kitty »

Um... Wut?

I didn't even know Charles Nelson Reilly did commercials. 😂😳
70s Bic Ink Crayon Commercial
https://youtu.be/w9fOLJcjtec
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Clean and creamy? Sounds gross and greasy to me! I had to find out for myself who this is. It's Jaclyn Smith from Charlie's Angels.
Camay Clean
https://youtu.be/8D6aGusHOow
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Weird!!! I never knew there was a car like this.
Dustin Hoffman sells a Volkswagen
https://youtu.be/lGdf9ea2olQ

donnie

Post by donnie »

Charles Nelson Reilly was a natural for commercials like this. :) That laugh between lines is so characteristic.

I'd never heard of that Volkswagen, either. I thought they all had the engine in the rear. So where was it?? Underneath, I suppose. I'd hate to have been a mechanic trying to access that. :shock:

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:59 pm
So where was it?? :shock:
I read in passing, maybe a YouTube comment, that it was in a compartment in the smaller trunk. It's pretty fascinating.

BettyLouSpence

Post by BettyLouSpence »

Betty White in a 1964 commercial for Kodak:

https://youtu.be/KAsmzUm68RU
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
~ Cicero, Letters to Friends, Book IX Letter IV

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

A kind of weird one. This makes me uncomfortable only because of the way the girl is acting. I don't think she's thrilled that she's having to do this commercial.
Boraxo Ronald & Patty Reagan
https://youtu.be/hRqRmjbseqk

donnie

Post by donnie »

Yes, that is a strange one. :lol: The girl doesn't look too enthusiastic, that's for sure. Why does her acting (or lack thereof :D ) make you feel uncomfortable?

PS I had forgotten about Death Valley Days. I used to watch reruns of that sometimes. That show was kind of odd, too, because Ronald Reagan mostly only introduced the story. It was kind of an anthology series.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:24 pm
Why does her acting (or lack thereof :D ) make you feel uncomfortable?
Her lack of enthusiasm makes me think she's not being treated well at all. She looks very sad.
donnie wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:24 pm
PS I had forgotten about Death Valley Days. I used to watch reruns of that sometimes. That show was kind of odd, too, because Ronald Reagan mostly only introduced the story. It was kind of an anthology series.
I didn't know anything about it, except from the name it had to be a Western. I don't think it played on TVLand when I was growing up. Back then, I didn't have 24 hour access to the Internet, so TVLand was my only source of old shows. Nowadays those types of channels really like to rerun Gunsmoke and Bonanza.

Edit: YouTube has only been around since 2005, hard to believe. TVLand would have been it for me, anyway, since I know of no other site where you could watch old shows for free. (or was there?)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:22 am
TVLand would have been it for me, anyway, since I know of no other site where you could watch old shows for free. (or was there?)
No, don't know of any others. Thank goodness for YouTube! As for TV, Nick at Nite used to be a good one for old shows at one time.