Popeye The Sailor Man

This is where we will talk about all our favorite animation from days gone by!
AAF34

Popeye The Sailor Man

Post by AAF34 »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IY4i5i16D60
Popeye The Sailor Man was always one of my favorite cartoons and I still love it.
I obviously was a gullible child because I truly believed spinach would make you miraculously stronger and faster like a potion. I'm believing that I knew I would never be super strong or fast because like a potion spinach is gross! Even now I only like spinach in a dip lol
Anyways, the love that Popeye and Olive had always fascinated me. I think this is one of the best cartoons so I thought it should be shared. 😉
Man On The Flying Trapeze

Kitty

Re: Popeye The Sailor Man

Post by Kitty »

That was cute! That cartoon often made me mad, because Olive Oyl was always trying to get with someone else until Popeye won her back. What does he see in her anyway? Must make a mean sandwich. :lol: :lol: kidddinggg
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

AAF34 wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:37 pm
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IY4i5i16D60
Popeye The Sailor Man was always one of my favorite cartoons and I still love it.
I obviously was a gullible child because I truly believed spinach would make you miraculously stronger and faster like a potion. I'm believing that I knew I would never be super strong or fast because like a potion spinach is gross! Even now I only like spinach in a dip lol
Anyways, the love that Popeye and Olive had always fascinated me. I think this is one of the best cartoons so I thought it should be shared. 😉
I love Popeye, too!—grew up watching it. And I used to think that about spinach, too! :) I enjoyed watching this one; it brought back a lot of memories. (I wonder why they didn't make the man on the trapeze Bluto?) And this one has the opening credits underneath the opening and closing sliding doors—for some reason, that used to fascinate me as a child.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Here's a good one! Popeye is Cinderfella in Ancient Fistory. Watch closely, when he eats the spinach it appears the he has swallowed his pipe, but it reappears seconds later.https://youtu.be/5MFkHI8jq0Q
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

AAF34

Post by AAF34 »

I Love the old Popeye. Love the pictures face when it got kissed lol

AAF34

Post by AAF34 »

Donnie I'm so glad I'm not the only one that thought that about spinach! 😉

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

AAF34 wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:57 am
I Love the old Popeye. Love the pictures face when it got kissed lol
I'm glad you liked it!! I thought the picture's face may have gone the other way, if not disgusted. You remember when bugs bunny used to blush and get all bashful when he got kissed? I predicted that, but was wrong! :)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Here's one for April Fool's Day! Saw this a million years ago when Boomerang played a 24 hr marathon of Popeye one time. Cookin' With Gags.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a-acrA5iEzI

donnie

Post by donnie »

:lol: That was a funny one. I think Olive and Bluto deserve each other. Thanks for the AFD treat. :D

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:06 pm
:lol: That was a funny one. I think Olive and Bluto deserve each other. Thanks for the AFD treat. :D
I'm glad you appreciated it! I think of that cartoon every time April Fools.... or Popeye for that matter! comes up.