Johnny Carson

Kitty

Johnny Carson

Post by Kitty »

I just discovered this, and it is HILARIOUS! I was actually rolling around laughing. Here they are on Johnny Carson. I'm sorry that the title is such a spoiler, but I guess if you know about this guy it won't be much of a surprise. This is now my favorite thing.
EMU attacks Johnny Carson
https://youtu.be/7m8UWxNEGOc
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Rod Hull and Emu

Post by donnie »

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's hilarious!

Kitty

Re: Rod Hull and Emu

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:54 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's hilarious!
I'm glad you liked it. SO FUNNY!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Johnny Carson

Post by Kitty »

Jackie Cooper on Johnny Carson talks briefly about when he won an award for Skippy (1930) when he was 9 years old. He explains very casually that they had to wake him up to tell him. He was asleep in Marie Dressler's lap. What a bygone era!

donnie

Re: Johnny Carson

Post by donnie »

What a story! I love those kinds of anecdotes. That's one thing that made the Hollywood series so interesting.

dachshundonstilts

Post by dachshundonstilts »

I remember Rod Hull and his Emu from way back in the seventies when they were a regular act on the Hudson Brothers' Razzle Dazzle Show. Tragically, Hull died before his time due to a fall from his roof while adjusting his TV antenna.
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Aww, that's so sad. He was really funny.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Here's an appearance by Charles Nelson Reilly that I just watched. The more I watch him on this show, the more I really like Reilly.
11/10/77
https://youtu.be/gZMSHazFXEw

donnie

Post by donnie »

That was funny. :D He was good at improvising—kind of reminds me almost of Paul Lynde in that.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Really great appearance by Gil Fates, the creator of What's My Line. Lots of great clips on here. (It was also aired on December 21st, hence the poinsettias in the background.)
12/21/78
https://youtu.be/_K5NJz8HzsQ