Favorite photos of silent stars

Anything and everything silent photoplay!
Kitty

Re: Favorite photos of silent stars

Post by Kitty »

I'd love to! I looked, but didn't find it.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Doug Fairbanks, Mary Pickford, and Amelia Earhart! Very interesting picture!
Attachments
Screenshot_20180622-181012~01.png
Screenshot_20180622-181012~01.png (2.38 MiB) Viewed 3921 times
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Oh, man, that is an interesting one. Very historic to have those three together in a photo—and made beside a plane (hers?). I wonder when this would have been made.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I am going to guess not too long before she went missing. Mary is looking a bit older than when she was on Coquette. I'm going to guess 1934. (Pure guess. It has to be between 1929 and 1937.)

donnie

Post by donnie »

That sounds right. It occurred to me that Mary looked older here, as well. Have you seen Coquette, then? I’ve not, but have read so many negative comments about it I’ve been curious what it’s like.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

It's definitely something any film lover should watch for the film history, but the sound is pretty bad (typical for a very early talkie). I don't remember having any strong feelings towards it, but that being said, I don't remember what happened in the movie, either. 😂 Maybe I should watch it again for a memory jog.

donnie

Post by donnie »

I should watch it. I've got a liking for early soundies. The primitive sound and stilted action are actually part of the appeal of them, for me, believe it or not.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:00 pm
I should watch it. I've got a liking for early soundies. The primitive sound and stilted action are actually part of the appeal of them, for me, believe it or not.
Well, watch it and tell me what you think! I'd love to see your review for it in that section! 🙂

donnie

Post by donnie »

Ok, I’ll definitely add it to my -long- list—been so busy lately I’ve not got around to much viewing—did manage to watch LIttle Orpant Annie. Now that is one strange film. I’ll try to do a little bit of a review on it.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Ok! I'd be very interested in watching Little Orphant Annie. For now, here's this.
Attachments
iVotPzC.gif
iVotPzC.gif (5.8 MiB) Viewed 3882 times