Spooky Cartoons

This is where we will talk about all our favorite animation from days gone by!
Kitty

Spooky Cartoons

Post by Kitty » Mon May 28, 2018 7:49 pm

I really liked this one, although it's more drawings with a voiceover. If you close your eyes it's sort of like an 8 minute radio show.
The Tell-Tale Heart, 1953, put out by Columbia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCEdRES08Y4
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Re: Spooky Cartoons

Post by Kitty » Mon May 28, 2018 8:04 pm

Here is The Case of the Stuttering Pig (which, oddly, has nothing to to do with the content of the short). There's one thing in particular that I love the most about this. I wonder if you can guess?
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4d8tdf
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie » Wed May 30, 2018 2:25 pm

The Tell-Tale Heart is interesting and very well done. Yes, the audio could make an excellent radio show on its own, due to James Mason's skillful narration.

I can't do much with The Case of the Stuttering Pig due to Dailymotion's long Star Wars ads that keep interrupting and then freezing up. :x I did eventually see the first couple of minutes, at least. :|

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Wed May 30, 2018 3:02 pm

That's funny, I didn't have any ads this time! daily motion has really gone down the tubes lately. 😖

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Thu May 31, 2018 12:28 pm

donnie wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 2:25 pm

I can't do much with The Case of the Stuttering Pig due to Dailymotion's long Star Wars ads that keep interrupting and then freezing up. :x I did eventually see the first couple of minutes, at least. :|
If you want, can you try clicking on the link to the Stuttering Pig cartoon? It may make a difference. For me, there was one ad in the beginning and that was it.

donnie

Post by donnie » Thu May 31, 2018 1:07 pm

Kitty wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 12:28 pm
donnie wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 2:25 pm

If you want, can you try clicking on the link to the Stuttering Pig cartoon? It may make a difference. For me, there was one ad in the beginning and that was it.
Yes, that's much better. Thanks! The other way I kept getting 30 second ads that would repeat.
No, I cannot guess! What is it?