Topo Gigio

This is the section for live action kids' shows of Yesteryear.
Kitty

Topo Gigio

Post by Kitty »

This is the cutest little mouse I have ever seen!! It's a puppet, although it looks like animation inserted into live action. His name is Topo GigioHere he is on the Ed Sullivan Show. Even this short montage is hilarious and charming. I can see why it is so popular in many countries.
https://youtu.be/aeEptJ4aUeM
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Topo Gigio

Post by donnie »

Yeah, Topo was a classic. Everybody loved him.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:42 pm
Seriously??? You've heard of him? I just learned about him yesterday!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:23 pm
donnie wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:42 pm
Seriously??? You've heard of him? I just learned about him yesterday!
Oh yes, he was quite popular on the Sullivan show (which was quite popular itself), but has been largely forgotten since, I guess.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Hmmm. It's too bad! I think it still may play in other countries, though. I feel gipped that I didn't get to see it as a child. :lol: