Favorite photos of silent stars

Anything and everything silent photoplay!
donnie

Re: Favorite photos of silent stars

Post by donnie »

Wow, that's neat. I'm interested to see Ed Wynn there—I didn't think about his being in films at that time.

Don't you like how the pictures are artfully arranged with the text on the right? And don't you wish you could step back in time and go out tomorrow night to one of those films in the theatre?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Yes, and yes!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Still from Intolerance. Miriam Cooper looks so different with her hair pulled back.
Attachments
Robert Harron, Walter Long + Miriam Cooper - Intolerance (1916).png
Robert Harron, Walter Long + Miriam Cooper - Intolerance (1916).png (478.63 KiB) Viewed 4161 times

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Howdy, Pardner!
Attachments
Screenshot_20180308-212154~01.png
Screenshot_20180308-212154~01.png (1.01 MiB) Viewed 4138 times
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

:lol: That’s one serious looking hombre.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:25 pm
:lol: That’s one serious looking hombre.
:lol: He's seen things, Buckaroo! :lol:

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Here's a nice clear picture of Dorothy Gish, Lillian Gish, and Richard Barthelmess. I think an angel kissed these girls before they were born, and that's why they were so beautiful!
Attachments
Screenshot_20180311-120436~01.png
Screenshot_20180311-120436~01.png (2.81 MiB) Viewed 4128 times

donnie

Post by donnie »

That's a marvelous photo—never seen that one!

BettyLouSpence

Post by BettyLouSpence »

Oh my goodness that is such a marvelous photo of the sisters Gish. New to me as well. Thanks for sharing Kitty!

I haven't seen every photo in this thread, so do forgive me if I post a repeat of a particular one. I have a few that I'd love to share, starting with this one of a personal favorite of mine, Clara Bow:

I love it. Harkens back to her tomboy days when she lived in the Brooklyn tenements.
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
~ Cicero, Letters to Friends, Book IX Letter IV

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

BettyLouSpence wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:18 pm
Oh my goodness that is such a marvelous photo of the sisters Gish. New to me as well. Thanks for sharing Kitty!

I haven't seen every photo in this thread, so do forgive me if I post a repeat of a particular one. I have a few that I'd love to share, starting with this one of a personal favorite of mine, Clara Bow:

I love it. Harkens back to her tomboy days when she lived in the Brooklyn tenements.
Oh, it is so NICE to see you, Betty Lou!! How have you been?

That is definitely an unusual photo. I've never seen it before. Thanks for sharing. ☺️