Magic Island

This is the place to talk about anything and everything old time radio.
donnie

Re: Magic Island

Post by donnie »

Through no. 94. Curious as to what the voice actors looked like, I searched all over for any photos of Sally Creighton, Rosa Barcelo, Tommy Carr, or Will H. Reynolds. I couldn't really turn up anything.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I'll do some of my own searching, too! Isn't it interesting? It's something that is lost to history many times.

I'm on 113.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

You’re starting to get near the end, then. I just finished 95. I’m very curious as to what’s going to happen to Euclidea and all those scientists.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

In waiting a while till you catch up. I kind of think I'm going to be sad when this is over. The nice people at Old Time Radio Lovers Facebook page said there are other good juvenile series to listen to and gave a few examples.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:47 am
In waiting a while till you catch up. I kind of think I'm going to be sad when this is over. The nice people at Old Time Radio Lovers Facebook page said there are other good juvenile series to listen to and gave a few examples.
Thanks! I'm through 98; will listen some more today. Yes, I was just thinking I'll be sad when it's over, too. I'm especially going to miss Cleostra. :cry: That was really cute in No. 98 where she was trying to learn about the livestock. :D

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Yes! She's pretty awesome. All the characters grow on you after a while. Except that pesky G47! :evil:
When Joan is trying to figure out the expressions literally it is really cute.
Remember, Pat is the one who plays Queen Melissa! It's kind of hard to picture it, since the two characters are so different!!

donnie

Post by donnie »

Through 105. I think the commander is beginning to detest Jerry a little less. She only cuts him down about once per episode now, and says “Silence, Hall” instead of “Silence, Fool.” :lol:

I think I like Cheops even less than the slimey G47.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Through 114. :-)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Oh! I better pick it up again! ☺️

donnie

Post by donnie »

Through 122. Don't you like the Commander's non-Euclidian voice? So deep, resonant, and musical. I love to hear her talk. I wonder if that's actually the same voice actress. What do you think?