Who is this?

Where we can talk about photoplay created after the silent era!
Mrs. Danvers

Re: Who is this?

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Oh it's a really good movie. Cracker-jack performances by Jimmy Stewart and Glynis Johns, oh and Marlene Dietrich is no slouch either. And a great story that totally keeps you enthralled. Is Mr. Honey just a paranoid crack-pot or does he know what he is talking about!!!
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

donnie

Post by donnie »

Mrs. Danvers wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:49 am
Oh it's a really good movie. Cracker-jack performances by Jimmy Stewart and Glynis Johns, oh and Marlene Dietrich is no slouch either. And a great story that totally keeps you enthralled. Is Mr. Honey just a paranoid crack-pot or does he know what he is talking about!!!
I found what appears to be the whole thing on YouTube, running an hour and 38 minutes. Then I saw another posted running two hours and 20 minutes. Hmmm.... What gives?

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

donnie wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:21 pm
Mrs. Danvers wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:49 am
I found what appears to be the whole thing on YouTube, running an hour and 38 minutes. Then I saw another posted running two hours and 20 minutes. Hmmm.... What gives?
According to IMDb the movie is 1 hr and 38 min long.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I don't know if it's the case, but I've seen videos on YouTube that will have the full thing, but then start over in the middle or the end.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Mrs. Danvers wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:58 am
According to IMDb the movie is 1 hr and 38 min long.
I thought that sounded more likely—should have thought to check imdb
Kitty wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:21 pm
I don't know if it's the case, but I've seen videos on YouTube that will have the full thing, but then start over in the middle or the end.
Yes, glancing at it, that's what it appears to do. Weird.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Mrs. Danvers, it's your turn, if you'll take it!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Hi guys, I'm fresh out of ideas, I tried to find an actor made up as Santa to guess, but they were all too recognizable.

So if anybody else has somebody to guess, please feel free to take my turn.

donnie

Post by donnie »

I'll jump in with one. This is a really tough one. A well-known actress featured in many comedies in the 30's era and later.
Attachments
c429c390a4842b6df517c787fad0ef92.jpg
c429c390a4842b6df517c787fad0ef92.jpg (12.31 KiB) Viewed 4704 times

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I've seen this one before, but I for some reason thought it was a silent actress.
I think it's Clara Bow. I used that picture as an avatar for something for a long time.

donnie

Post by donnie »

No, not Clara, though that's who I would have said, too. She may have been in some late silents, but it's mainly sound films she's known for.