Aloha Wanderwell

This is the home for vintage newsreels and documentaries.
Mrs. Danvers

Aloha Wanderwell

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Kitty I thought I already made a thread, but I must have not submitted the post, if you run across another one, I'm sorry.

Anyway you guys will be in love with this woman too I am sure, what a gal and what adventures. and there are also more videos about her. And some of her adventures as well on youtube.

https://youtu.be/VUn0vxV3DHc

https://www.alohawanderwell.com/
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

donnie

Re: Aloha Wanderwell

Post by donnie »

Most interesting! What a thrilling existence this must have been. I’ve often wondered what it would be like to be one of those people who seize everything around in a mad “carpe diem” rush—she was certainly the epitome of that. I wonder if she was still going at it full throttle in her older age. So sad about Cap, though—he looked and sounded like such a good man.

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

donnie wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:39 pm
Most interesting! What a thrilling existence this must have been. I’ve often wondered what it would be like to be one of those people who seize everything around in a mad “carpe diem” rush—she was certainly the epitome of that. I wonder if she was still going at it full throttle in her older age. So sad about Cap, though—he looked and sounded like such a good man.
I want to go back in time, I want to be her. What a life. Donnie there is a link to a website devoted to her and there is oodles of info about her. It's right below the youtube video, the link.

And may you wander well.
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

donnie

Post by donnie »

Mrs. Danvers wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:26 am
Donnie there is a link to a website devoted to her and there is oodles of info about her. It's right below the youtube video, the link.

And may you wander well.
Thanks! I'll check that out.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Wow! Finally had time to look at this. She was pretty amazing, huh? I wonder, is much of her work available to the public?
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)