This Is Your Life

A place where all classic TV is reborn.
Kitty

This Is Your Life

Post by Kitty »

This Is Your Life was a really neat TV show that started in the 50s that would surprise celebrities (and sometimes citizens!) and parade their lives before them. They thought they were there for something else, and soon they'd realize they were there to be honored. People from their past, some they hadn't seen in decades, would come on the show and greet them and reminisce. There are so many of these episodes in existence thankfully, and there was even a British version! Here is the episode of Laurel and Hardy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zTAPZTfIXVE
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Mrs. Danvers

Re: This Is Your Life

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Oh I loved that show, one of our first tastes of "reality TV".
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

They did SO many stars including a young Dick Clark, Betty White, and Lou Costello. They would also sometimes do regular people who contributed to society. Those are especially interesting.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

I've always wanted to see the one with Mack Sennett, but it does not seem to be available except for a short 2 minute clip of the beginning and end.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

https://youtu.be/xAbIPO2rTkg
Here's one with Lou Costello.

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

I loved Lou Costello!
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Mrs. Danvers wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:33 am
I loved Lou Costello!
He's from a town not too far from my hometown! I've always felt a connection because of that.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Bebe Daniels This Is Your Life. Oh, my! I can't watch 2 minutes of this show without it touching my heart!!

https://youtu.be/dfvYuaVg5XE

donnie

Post by donnie »

Wow! That's one of the best things I've seen in quite awhile. She was obviously a wonderful person, and it's very touching to see her reactions. Thanks so much for posting it!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

You're welcome! Doesn't it just make you so happy to see her reactions? ♥️