Theda Bara's Cleopatra 100th Anniversary

Anything and everything silent photoplay!
Kitty

Theda Bara's Cleopatra 100th Anniversary

Post by Kitty »

Today is the 100th anniversary of the release of Theda Bara's lost Cleopatra (1917). To honor this film, please watch this re-imagined 3 minute video. The music is not my favorite :lol: but it will do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dknl61BlNIU&t=1s
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Theda Bara's Cleopatra 100th Anniversary

Post by donnie »

That's pretty well done!

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

That was awesome, oh how we all wish that movie was still around. I rather liked the melodramatic music.
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I'm glad you guys enjoyed that!! Welcome back, Mrs. Danvers!!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Thank you Kitty, I have been off wandering up and down the coast. I'll be more participatory now that I am back to the internet.

I had to change my picture to Theda for a bit, that's how I spend most of my days, lounging around smelling flowers.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I love it!

dachshundonstilts

Post by dachshundonstilts »

I like that. It's always tragic to think that something like 75% of silent films are lost forever. All the work that went into them...
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

It's even more amazing, though, the amount of films we have against those that are lost. Can you imagine the sheer number of films that were made in that era? Astonishing!

dachshundonstilts

Post by dachshundonstilts »

It is. They really (and literally) cranked them out.
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

I think that would have been just a magical time to be alive, the early days of film making. All my life I have been obsessed with the late teens and 1920s. The cars and the clothes and the early cinema stars.