New Blog Post!

Fun and Games!
Kitty

New Blog Post!

Post by Kitty »

You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: New Blog Post!

Post by donnie »

Great post! He is indeed interesting.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Thank you! Glad you liked it.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I just finished updating the final blog post for Roswell Buster Johnson. It has all the details of everything that the fine people at The Silent Film Group found in census records, and the things I found on other links they referred me to.

donnie

Post by donnie »

I wonder if as an adult he even remembered acting. I suppose he may have, but 3 is a pretty young age to form memories. That would be odd if he had no memories of it, wouldn't it? Just a middle class bank employee having been informed you were once famous...

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

That would be pretty odd. I bet he at least had glimpse memories, but chances are they were not strong.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Yes, I wondered about that, because I don't think I have any memories before about age 4. Of course, I wasn't in a studio acting in films. :) Do you remember anything from as young as 3?—I've heard some people say they do.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I have a glimpse of Christmas Eve at my Grammy's and a woman was sitting in a chair next to the tree giving me and my brother each $100 bills. I realized a few years ago that it was my great grandma!

I remember all 4 of my older sisters still living in the house. That had to be before I was 4.

I also remember learning to tie my shoes. I had black and white shoes. I probably wasn't four quite yet. My hands couldn't do it yet. They looked like this.
Attachments
2438445-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg
2438445-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg (29.38 KiB) Viewed 6163 times

donnie

Post by donnie »

Ah, good old saddle oxfords. I have some spotty very early memories, but the thing is, it's hard to know exactly when they were or exactly how old you were—at a time when you didn't really have a concept of age yet—unless you can pin it down some other way like in the instances you give above. But I don't suppose any of mine are by four.

That's a mysterious thing, how you can be alive and learning language and who people are, etc., and yet not able to form memories yet in your conscious mind.

Well, I fear I'm off the topic of Roswell Buster Johnson! :?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

:lol: it's ok! I like talking about how the brain works.