Classic Comics

This is the place for talking about vintage books, posting random vintage photos, and anything else vintage paper memorabilia!
donnie

Classic Comics

Post by donnie »

Henry was always one of my favorites. I like the way he is drawn and the clean, colorful look of the strip. Also, as a child, I identified with Henry for some reason. (Open in new tab for larger image.)

Kitty

Re: Classic Comics

Post by Kitty »

I love it!!! I have never seen this character before.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

:D Another:

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

So, I just learned something new. Krazy Kat also had a comic strip!! I liked this one.
Attachments
z5uudnqkmxhxsynvthgj.jpg
z5uudnqkmxhxsynvthgj.jpg (34.23 KiB) Viewed 4824 times
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Yes, I remember both the Krazy Kat strip and the cartoons. I love Krazy Kat. That one goes back a long way, too, into the silent days, I believe. Ohhhh...Ignatz! 😍 :lol:

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:46 am
Yes, I remember both the Krazy Kat strip and the cartoons. I love Krazy Kat. That one goes back a long way, too, into the silent days, I believe. Ohhhh...Ignatz! 😍 :lol:
I'm glad to hear you know about Krazy Kat! Yes, this comic strip started in the teens and ended in 1944. I have posted at least one cartoon that I can remember on this forum.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:44 am
donnie wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:46 am
I have posted at least one cartoon that I can remember on this forum.
Yes! I remember that now. :)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

🙂🙂 :lol:
Attachments
hnmo9tnvsrq05j34xfsl.jpg
hnmo9tnvsrq05j34xfsl.jpg (50.81 KiB) Viewed 4817 times

donnie

Post by donnie »

That's the first time I've seen that strip. The human character looks kind of Doonebury-ish.

Here's another strip I used to like as a kid. It has the same clean, colorful style as the Henry comic, though the characters are done differently.
Attachments
NancySundayColorBig.jpg
NancySundayColorBig.jpg (418.64 KiB) Viewed 4815 times

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I hadn't seen the Get Fuzzy strip, either. This thread is educating me! I just discovered this one. They're pretty funny!
Attachments
boop-1.jpg
boop-1.jpg (566.53 KiB) Viewed 4814 times