Who is this?

Where we can talk about photoplay created after the silent era!
Kitty

Re: Who is this?

Post by Kitty »

Mrs. Danvers wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:38 pm
I cheated everybody and wow, the first gal was such a surprise to me and now of course I see her as we all remember her the most, but she had some work done on her nose. I still won't spill the beans as to her name.

Honestly I am not a cheat by nature (what all cheats say LOL) .

Still no clue on the second gal.
Hahaha! You're so funny. After a few days curiosity gets the better sometimes. As long as you admit it and give ample time first, I don't think it's too unreasonable in this game! I still don't know who they are. I feel like I should know both of them, though. I bet the shows they were on were on tvland back in the good years.

Hmm I just got an idea. Maybe the top one is maryann from Gilligan?
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Mrs. Danvers wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:38 pm
I cheated everybody...
Bad girl!!
Kitty wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:52 pm
As long as you admit it and give ample time first, I don't think it's too unreasonable in this game!

Weeeell..I guess that's fair. Ok, Mrs. D, I'll let you off the hook—this time. ;)

No, not Dawn Wells, Kitty, though that's a good guess.
Top is Marlo Thomas of "That Girl"
Bottom (and I was afraid this one might be too easy): Rose Marie of "The Dick Van Dyke Show)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

WOW!!! those were really interesting. Especially Rose Marie! Great job. Now you have to come up with another one ha ha!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Ok, here's another actress known partly for her appearances in a 60's sitcom.
Attachments
1d3ybyfocp0bfyc3.jpg
1d3ybyfocp0bfyc3.jpg (20.49 KiB) Viewed 4495 times

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Holy cow, that second gal is Rose Marie ?! she was a real looker in her youth, I never would have figured out who she was.

Oh the new gal is Irene Ryan, Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies. A very lovely picture of her.

She is still going strong and has had a very illustrious career in movies and TV, who is she?
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

donnie

Post by donnie »

:?: A wee hint?

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Of course, she is best remembered on a wildly popular TV sit-com, which was named after it's female lead. Our mystery lady was one of the lead characters neighbors. I shouldn't say best remembered in regard to TV, If I'm not careful her little boy might wish me to the corn field.

This is not to say she didn't do a boat load of movies, she did and has an Oscar to prove.

donnie

Post by donnie »

I ought to be able to get it from that info, but still haven't a clue. Let me continue racking my brains awhile...

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

With those clues I'm going to guess Cloris Leachman? I know you have to mean It's a Good Life, an episode of The Twilight Zone!

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Kitty wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:43 am
With those clues I'm going to guess Cloris Leachman? I know you have to mean It's a Good Life, an episode of The Twilight Zone!
Yep Kitty that clue was for you. That's her.