Who is this?

Where we can talk about photoplay created after the silent era!
donnie

Re: Who is this?

Post by donnie »

Yes, I don't think I would have ever gotten it, either. Those screenshots are from—believe it or not—an episode of The Beverly Hillbillies. :P

Ok, here is another. Who is this handsome lad?
Attachments
setjw45_56498.jpeg
setjw45_56498.jpeg (40.98 KiB) Viewed 4475 times

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

I was an avid watcher of the Beverly Hillbillies. But don't remember that one..how many decades has it been. LOL

Oh for heaven's sakes it's John Wayne. And he was quite handsome in his younger days. I'll go find somebody and try and stump you guys.

I hope she is not too easy. Well you know what I mean.

Last edited by Mrs. Danvers on Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I'm glad you got that, Danvers, because no way would I be have gotten that! :lol: I'm bad at this.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Kitty wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:54 pm
I'm glad you got that, Danvers, because no way would I be have gotten that! :lol: I'm bad at this.
Oh then I might have a chance. LOL

Crikey it took me so long to try and find a good one for you guys...

Here she is again...

donnie

Post by donnie »

Mrs. Danvers wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:25 pm
I was an avid watcher of the Beverly Hillbillies. But don't remember that one..how many decades has it been. LOL

Oh for heaven's sakes it's John Wayne. And he was quite handsome in his younger days. I'll go find somebody and try and stump you guys.

I hope she is not too easy. Well you know what I mean.

:lol: No, she is not too easy. Well, you know what I mean. I don't have a clue.

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

She started out as a model, then was a Goldwyn Girl, but her long and varied career culminated with her later in life being touted as the richest woman in television.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Don't think I'm silly for guessing this, but.... Is that Lucy?
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Kitty wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:04 am
Don't think I'm silly for guessing this, but.... Is that Lucy?
Yahoo! Give that woman a cigar! Yes that still is when she was in Roman Scandals 1933 her other movie as a chorus girl was Whoopee 1930 both starred Eddie Cantor. She is uncredited in both of those films, you have to be a die-hard Lucy fan to know that.

Lucy was in a lot of movies. I've seen them all.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000840/

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Yay!!!! I thought it was kind of a stupid guess no way did I think you'd come back and say yes lol!!! Gee now I have to pick one myself.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Ok, I hope this one isn't TOO easy... My hubby got it within a few seconds. Try it out and we shall see how good you are at identifying this man.
Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (110.45 KiB) Viewed 4462 times