Lillian Gish/Myrna Loy Interview 1980

Let's talk interviews!
Kitty

Lillian Gish/Myrna Loy Interview 1980

Post by Kitty »

This was an extremely interesting interview. I don't know which show this was. Does anyone else know? I think Lillian Gish was the classiest of ladies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V3oc5ms1ro
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

dachshundonstilts

Re: Lillian Gish/Myrna Loy Interview 1980

Post by dachshundonstilts »

I don't recognize that guy, but Lillian Gish was fantastic!
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I totally agree! She was so awesome.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

That's Merv Griffin. His show was quite popular back in the day. This is a nice interview. I saw it awhile back.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 8:13 pm
That's Merv Griffin. His show was quite popular back in the day. This is a nice interview. I saw it awhile back.
Thanks for that info! I remember from when I was little that Merv Griffin was mentioned when me and Dad would watch Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. I remember being amazed that Dad knew all the answers for Jeopardy. Now I can do it! :)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Merv was also a producer, I believe. When I was little I couldn't pronounce his name—my mother told me I called him "Burb Ribbon". Re Jeopardy, you're a better person than I am. I've watched two or three with my wife lately, and there were an awful lot I couldn't get. :oops:

Btw, I've been on a vintage gameshow kick lately—been downloading episodes of Tic Tac Dough, The Joker's Wild, and High Rollers. I wish there were some of the original Jeopardy! episodes with Art Fleming. I used to really like those. I think there is one on YouTube, but I've already watched it.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

You've got your own classic Gameshow Network going! I like Tattletales, Match Game, What's My Line, pretty much any classic celebrity panel show and any and all black and white ones. Card Sharks. I loved​ to guess high or low right along with them! They're so darn interesting!

dachshundonstilts

Post by dachshundonstilts »

Ah, Merv! I never watched Merv, so that explains it. Thanks, Donnie.
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)