Mary Pickford's Cousin's Wedding

Anything and everything silent photoplay!
Kitty

Mary Pickford's Cousin's Wedding

Post by Kitty »

http://marypickford.org/caris-articles/ ... -pickfair/

If you click this link, you can see almost 2 minutes of beautiful rare footage of a cousin's wedding on this day, May 10th, in 1925 at Pickfair. I love how silly Mary and Doug are being, and how totally happy the couple is. We can see the couple kissing in a swing as Mary and Doug hop around silly for the camera. I want to see the rest so badly!!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Mary Pickford's Cousin's Wedding

Post by donnie »

That's nice footage, especially the part where Doug is sniffing out the newlyweds' trail. I notice all the men are wearing spats. I guess that was de rigueur for weddings at that time.

Kitty

Re: Mary Pickford's Cousin's Wedding

Post by Kitty »

For rich people, at least! This little home video made an impression on me. I still think about it, and I haven't watched it since that day I posted it.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)