Tonight You Belong to Me

This is the board for Swing, Big Band, Jazz, and other old music.
donnie

Tonight You Belong to Me

Post by donnie »

What's that you say?

You always wanted to learn Tonight You Belong to Me on the ukulele?

Okay! Here you go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GmcEcaIxCs

BettyLouSpence

Re: Tonight You Belong to Me

Post by BettyLouSpence »

Wow, thanks for posting this! I've never heard of Janet Klein, but it seems that her content would be right up my alley. She voiced a character in the animated series Over The Garden Wall, which I've heard nothing but great things about and have always wanted to see.

Here's the 9 minute pilot. There's some great early 20th references.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X-0vZeaIrFg

And now I wish I had a ukelele :)
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
~ Cicero, Letters to Friends, Book IX Letter IV

donnie

Post by donnie »

I'll check out that pilot tomorrow. :)

I ran across Janet Klein several years ago, and have liked her ever sense. She's come out with several albums over the years—I've downloaded three of them, I believe, and there are some real 20's songs gems in there. (Check out When Rebecca Came Back from Mecca sometime.) :lol:

This ukulele lesson here—I've been trying to remember where in the world I got that. I've had the mp4 on my computer for years, & wondered this afternoon while mowing grass (Why?) if it was on YouTube. Sure enough.

I believe it's on a dvd I bought of Rudy Vallee's early talkie The Vagabond Lover. There were a bunch of oddities on the disk with the movie—an old episode of Zorro, a brief anti-pollution mod ballet kind of thing (hard to explain), and—I think—this. I'll have to check, if I still have the dvd.

dachshundonstilts

Post by dachshundonstilts »

Tonight You Belong to Me is a great little song! I first heard it in The Jerk, but I've since become familiar with Patience and Prudence's hit version from 1956 and another good cover by The Honeys (produced by Brian Wilson). I should look into the older recordings from the Twenties.
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)