Instructional Videos/Social Guidance Films

You can put interesting old PSA's and Instructional videos here. Anything similar!
donnie

Re: Instructional Videos/Teaching Films

Post by donnie »

That's a cool one! :D Who knew there was such an exact science to turning someone in bed? This nurse really knew her stuff.

I notice at the end that Jane is played by one Bobbie Turrentine. She sure had an easy part. :lol:

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:31 pm

I notice at the end that Jane is played by one Bobbie Turrentine. She sure had an easy part. :lol:
I noticed that, too! Wonder how much she got paid.
Alsp, the nurse said twice that you should keep your face away in case of mouth or nose spray. 😷🤮
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Yes! I'm sure that happens on the job. :roll:

Just for fun, I googled Bobbie Turrentine. No imdb listing, unfortunately, but she is on Facebook. :lol:

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:38 pm
Just for fun, I googled Bobbie Turrentine. No imdb listing, unfortunately, but she is on Facebook. :lol:
Really?? Is it the same woman?
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:43 pm
donnie wrote:
I seriously doubt it. :D

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:05 pm
Kitty wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:43 pm
donnie wrote:
I seriously doubt it. :D
You never know!!! :lol:

donnie

Post by donnie »

As far as I could tell, she looked like a younger woman. Bobbie, I'm figuring, would be in her...mid 80's? But you wonder how many Bobbie Turrentines there can be. :)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I don't know! 😸

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Kitty wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:22 am
Here is a 1951 educational film called "Dining Together" all about how it should be on Thanksgiving Day. The narrator reminds me of that episode of the Twilight Zone called "It's A Good Life". It's a pretty straightforward short, and although the YouTube user labeled it a manners film, it's more just telling the kids what it will be like. I'm surprised they didn't mention God at all in this.
Mom doesn't look like a nice person. She looks very judgy. Notice the little boy's interest when Dad is carving the turkey. He'll do that when he's old enough! Also, I butter the whole piece of bread instead of having to go back multiple times. I think I'd use too much butter that way!
I do have a question, though. What was the mom lighting at the end? It looked like cake, but when they show it, I see nothing lit.

(edit: The YouTube video that I originally linked is deleted, so I'm replacing it with this.)
https://archive.org/details/DiningTo1951
I'm bumping this. 🤓

donnie

Post by donnie »

Thanks for the bump! I'm always glad to rewatch an instructional film. :D I still think the soundtrack on this sounds suspiciously tongue-in-cheek, but I guess it's legit.