Magazine Ads

This is the place for talking about vintage books, posting random vintage photos, and anything else vintage paper memorabilia!
donnie

Re: Magazine Ads

Post by donnie »

But I'll bet it did get some subscribers. Those college pennants used to be a really big thing. It is kind of an odd match up with a movie magazine, though.

I wonder what they meant by "Subscription blanks will be sent on request." You apparently didn't need one to subscribe since they precede it with "Send in your subscriptions now."

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Yeah, I don't know what that means, either! I wondered about it myself.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Another Pepsi ad. I wonder how effective these were. Amusing, but odd because they give no information whatsoever about why a person should buy the product. :)
Attachments
Image-1.jpg
Image-1.jpg (55.63 KiB) Viewed 3162 times

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

:lol: hey, the tootsie pop did the same thing, basically!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

From 1967. Howdya like to parallel park that baby? :shock:
Attachments
IMG_0442.png
IMG_0442.png (1.76 MiB) Viewed 3154 times

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Yikes!!

donnie

Post by donnie »

And this would be...what? Must be ok. People appear to be dancing to it. :lol:
Attachments
IMG_0466.png
IMG_0466.png (6.48 MiB) Viewed 3119 times

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Here's a guy playing a home-made gahoon. The 'music' starts around 1:34 What do you think?

https://youtu.be/8hyzvv3SOI8

donnie

Post by donnie »

:lol: That's pretty funny. Thanks for finding it! Yeah, that's what I was thinking as he played it, the claim that it would be a big hit at parties. :lol:

Did you notice it was made by the Gahoon Product Co.? Wonder how long that outfit stayed in business. :D

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I couldn't find much about it, other than blogs about the advertisement, so I'm guessing it was advertised in comic books for a rather short time. :lol: