Vintage Photos at Random

This is the place for talking about vintage books, posting random vintage photos, and anything else vintage paper memorabilia!
Kitty

Re: Vintage Photos at Random

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:11 pm
Bela Lugosi enjoys an RC. :P

My husband thinks that looks like Sean Connery :lol: that's a cool picture. He sure looks like a short man, doesn't he?
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

There are some pretty glum looking folks there. Maybe they don't like having their pictures made?

donnie

Post by donnie »

According to the WWW, he was 6'1". :o He doesn't look it, does he?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

No, he does not! He looks short and stocky, but apparently I am not a good judge of height!
This one is cute. I got this from Shorpy.
Circa 1894. "Fritz Reuter." The Washington, D.C., hotelier and his children Fritz and Gertrude. 5x7 glass negative by the C.M. Bell portrait studio.
On the Facebook post they posted "At least the dog seems enthusiastic" :lol: It's the photo called "We're Blase"
Attachments
SHORPY-07120a.preview.jpg
SHORPY-07120a.preview.jpg (70.48 KiB) Viewed 6705 times
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

:lol: I'm not too sure about the dog, either.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Which reminds me of this inexplicable item. A caption I saw said " So much to be explained..." Indeed.

It appears here. Want to see some creepy things? I don't know what this page is, but I wouldn't look at it too close to bedtime. :shock: :cry:

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

They did some very odd photographs back then!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

This one is cool: Louis Armstrong playing trumpet for his wife in front of the Sphynx.
Attachments
Louis-Armstrong-with-His-Wife.jpg
Louis-Armstrong-with-His-Wife.jpg (110.37 KiB) Viewed 6700 times

donnie

Post by donnie »

Now that's a unique one. I'd like to have heard what Louis had to say about that experience. :)

donnie

Post by donnie »

This was in a collection of assorted clutter I downloaded at some point in the past. I have no idea where it came from, but I like it. The caption is "Coffee Time". :)
Attachments
coffee time.jpeg
coffee time.jpeg (38.56 KiB) Viewed 6698 times