H R Pufnstuf

This is the section for live action kids' shows of Yesteryear.
Kitty

H R Pufnstuf

Post by Kitty »

H R Pufnstuf..... What do you think? I think it's an adorable imaginative show that should still be on tv!
Attachments
H.R.-Pufnstuf-pic.jpg
H.R.-Pufnstuf-pic.jpg (65.42 KiB) Viewed 4791 times
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Birdgirl4

Re: H R Pufnstuf

Post by Birdgirl4 »

I really love H.R. Pufnstuf and it was the first Sid & Marty Krofft show I saw and it helped generate interest in their later shows like The Bugaloos!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Birdgirl4 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:33 pm
I really love H.R. Pufnstuf and it was the first Sid & Marty Krofft show I saw and it helped generate interest in their later shows like The Bugaloos!
Hi, birdgirl! Glad to have you. Isn't a really great show? Speaking of the Bugaloos, a cast member named Wayne Laryea was also in a british puppet children's show called Pipkins. I simply LOVE Hartley Hare. :)
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Birdgirl4

Post by Birdgirl4 »

Thanks for the greeting Kitty! My father was one of those fans who grew up in the early 70’s and watched Pufnstuf as a kid so he bought me the complete series on my tenth birthday! Unfortunately I didn’t take good care of the DVD and wore it out! I’m looking for another complete series DVD besides watching episodes on YouTube!

Speaking of Pipkins I’m also a fan of that show and I think it’s adorable

donnie

Post by donnie »

I know of that character and show, but don’t believe I’ve ever actually watched it. Wasn’t it kind of a cult favorite?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:04 pm
I know of that character and show, but don’t believe I’ve ever actually watched it. Wasn’t it kind of a cult favorite?
Yup! It's a pretty cute show.