Goldilocks and the Three Bears

This is the section for live action kids' shows of Yesteryear.
Kitty

Goldilocks and the Three Bears

Post by Kitty »

This is an interesting little short at 10 minutes in length put out by Coronet Instructional Film. Because it isn't really an instructional film, and because it's for kids, I'm putting it here.
That being said, this is an adorable take on Goldilocks and the Three Bears. It features three real trained bears and a sweet little girl who is actually a pretty good actress in my opinion. I wonder who she is? IMDB doesn't list a cast. At one point she has a hard time getting down from Papa Bear's bed, and I think they added in the line "and it was too high, too!" because of this. Too, too cute, and well worth the watch! Was this shown on TV in 1958?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWbLzTjNVAk
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Goldilocks and the Three Bears

Post by donnie »

Good old Coronet—only they would make a straight live-action version of the fairy tale. This is nice, and the little girl is good in it. Yes, they did add in the "too high" line.

While watching this, I started wondering, what the heck is porridge exactly, anyway? :geek: (Or maybe everybody knows except me?) I checked Wikipedia, and it is a general term for any type of cooked grain, but refers most often to oatmeal (which is kind of what I pictured it as). In Germany, they sell it packaged. The Wikipedia article shows a picture, which I tried to post here, but it didn't work very well.

Btw, ever wonder what curds and whey is? Cottage Cheese. :D

Kitty

Re: Goldilocks and the Three Bears

Post by Kitty »

I figured it was a kind of oatmeal, although it looks like tapioca... Or paint ... In this :lol:
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)