Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood

This is the section for live action kids' shows of Yesteryear.
Kitty

Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood

Post by Kitty »

Who doesn't love Mr. Rogers? Did you know that you can watch his first week wayyy back when on YouTube? I love it. I still feel like he is talking just to me!
[Edit: video deleted, unable to locate replacement]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDZ0b72tujg
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood

Post by donnie »

Fred Rogers was a national treasure. You do indeed feel like he's talking just to you. He had a special way. I remember seeing an interview one time in which he was recounting how humbled he was to have people come up to him on the street and tell him how he'd helped them survive horrible times in their childhood.

dachshundonstilts

Post by dachshundonstilts »

I read a story about how, late in his life, Fred Rogers' car was stolen from in front of his house. It made all the local news broadcasts. Then, a couple of days later, Rogers found the car back on the street in front of his house with a note saying, "Sorry-- we didn't know it was yours!"

Can you imagine a couple of teenage pranksters watching that news report? One turns to the other and says, "Dude! You stole Mister Rogers' car!" The other says, "No way! Game over, dude!" :lol:
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Hahaha that's priceless if true! :lol:
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I've been watching all of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood the past few days. I'm on the 7th episode. I just love him so much, especially when he sings. You can tell he was so sincere in everything he said to us.
You may be thinking it's kind of weird that I'm watching a preschoolers program from the 60s, but I've learned a couple things already! For example, I didn't know that you were supposed to pick up an armadillo by the tail!
It's interesting that there were so many episodes in the first season. 130!
I love the puppets. The little stories are so entertaining.
❤️💕💙💜 I love this important show!

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:58 pm
You may be thinking it's kind of weird that I'm watching a preschoolers program from the 60s...
Not at all. I'd rather watch Mr. Rogers than about 90% 95% 98% of what's on now. ;) He had a sincerity, a way of keeping your attention, and a soothing sense of calm all at once.

Besides, I'm not one to say anything, since I have a full season of Thomas Tank Engine in iTunes. :oops: :D

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:02 pm
Besides, I'm not one to say anything, since I have a full season of Thomas Tank Engine in iTunes. :oops: :D
I think that's awesome! 😃

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I Like You As You Are
https://youtu.be/gEeEEc_djco

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

This video is unfortunately very blurry, but the point of posting it here is the song, anyway. This song is so darn catchy! It's called What Do You Do?
https://youtu.be/xTs73qO5ehk

donnie

Post by donnie »

Nice—so much anger in our world today. Maybe our whole nation should watch this!