Things I Learned About/From Mister Rogers

This is the section for live action kids' shows of Yesteryear.
donnie

Re: Things I Learned About/From Mister Rogers

Post by donnie »

Oh, well...nothing's perfect. :)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:18 pm
Oh, well...nothing's perfect. :)
That's something we learn from Mr. Rogers, too!

14. In episode 63, Cornflake S. Pecially's (aka Corny) factory burns down! 😮
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

15. Mr. McFeely has a wife! He mentions that he is going to help her do the spring cleaning at the house. He says "Mrs. McFeely", and I'm sure he doesn't mean his mother! :lol:
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

16. In episode 114, Mister Rogers talks about getting an injection at the doctor. To further illustrate the point, Picture Picture shows Mister Rogers' last visit to the doctor, in which he gets an injection. Mister Rogers rolls his sleeve all the way up plainly debunking the internet rumor that he had previously been a sniper in the Marines and had tattoos all over his arms while in the Marines.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Yes, that old myth has been around for a long time. :?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:44 pm
Yes, that old myth has been around for a long time. :?
It's so annoying!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

17. Sarah Saturday's phone number is 311-555-4321 ☺️

donnie

Post by donnie »

Something interesting about that number—I learned this awhile back: AT&T decades ago set aside a series of numbers for fictional use with that zip code and prefix; they're all dead numbers that can be used when someone is dialing on a TV show, movie, etc.

I actually appropriated one of those to use for filling in online forms. You know how when you order something online, they usually ask for your phone number. I never liked to give mine, figuring I'd start getting spammed with junk calls, and there was no need to anyway, since they have my email.

So I started using 311-555-2368 instead of my real number. :D (If you've ever seen the detective show The Rockford Files, that's the character Jim Rockford's telephone number.) :lol:

If you wanted to follow that same method, you could give Sarah's number! :D

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

That's an amazing idea!!!! I love it! ☺️
Yes, I was curious about the area code (thought it may be a Pennsylvania area code, since that's where the show was being broadcast from) but discovered that it was commonly used as a fictional one. Pretty interesting stuff!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

18. Chef Brockett's address is 5600 Darlington.... and after googling, I found that this was a real address in Pennsylvania. I wonder if that's where he really lived. I'd think so, since it was a real address.

Today this is a crazy expensive house!! over $600,000!
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5600 ... 1472_zpid/