Things I Learned About/From Mister Rogers

This is the section for live action kids' shows of Yesteryear.
donnie

Re: Things I Learned About/From Mister Rogers

Post by donnie »

Sure, the purchase price is a little high, but you could rent it—only $3,466 a month. :shock:

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

19. Mr. Rogers does not know how to ice a cake. We make a cake for Chef Brockett's birthday, and it is a huge mess after he ices it. :lol: This is a double layer cake. He even says "I don't know how you do those side parts." as he globs icing all over it and it oozes all over the cake and dish. I bet it was good, though.
IMG_20181210_224221612~01.jpg
IMG_20181210_224221612~01.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 5681 times
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

:lol:

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

20. Mr. Rogers has a separate back door with a doorbell. This is a different door from the one in the kitchen nearest to the living room. Handyman Negri came in through there today. It's like he rang the doorbell from the backyard!! :o
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Cool detail! :)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

21. Mr. Rogers has a little yard beside the porch! :o 😮 It even has a little bird bath, and this is where the iconic scene plays out when he shares his foot bath with Officer Clemmons. 🙂

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

22. Season 3 episode 4 is the first time we hear "It's Such A Good Feeling". He sings it at the table alone, and twice again with Officer Clemmons.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

23. We don't even have to be at Mister Rogers' place to go to make believe. Today we were at Robert Trow's workshop and went to make believe. We can make believe anywhere!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

24. Mister Rogers showed us a switch for the trolley, which is how he controls Trolley!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

25. They float toy boats in the Tuileries Gardens in Paris. The description of this video says they do it every Sunday.
Boat Sail in Tuileries Gardens
https://youtu.be/dJbWIPaOvB8